Saturday, February 7, 2009

I'm not sure, either

There's so much to say
and no way to say it:
One of life's conundrums, I suppose.
How can I say how I've been altered?

Friendships lost and gained:
relationships I never saw coming,
others...
others I thought were stronger than this.
I can't think about it.

I'm not the same anymore.
I realize now why it had to be,
though it seemed so pointless,
so stupid:
the games. I can never go back.
And yet somehow,
despite it all,
because of it all,
I'm empowered.

I know what I want,
and its not that anymore,
nevertheless,

I hate endings.

2 comments:

  1. Don't think of it as an ending, but as a chance to grow and start again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Heather. It is a beginning. I'm not completely sure what you are referring to here, but I know that you will do great in whatever challenges lie ahead! Plus your poetry rocks my socks. :)

    ReplyDelete