Thursday, April 9, 2009

Discovery


This week I have gained a testimony of Genius, which is a feature on iTunes that uses information about your library to create playlists. It's basically the same thing as Pandora, except it only uses the music you have on your computer. I have a buttload of music on my computer. It's hard to know what's good and what isn't, so generally I stick to the few playlists I've created manually. In the past 2 days or so, I have discovered dozens of songs that I love and didn't realize I had, dozens of songs I have never heard before and now love, and dozens of songs that I felt justified in deleting forever. GENIUS!!

A few notable discoveries:

Mr. Big Stuff - Jean Knight. It's sassy. It's catchy. I had no idea I owned it.

Crystal Ball - Keane. Courtesy of Heather Mustard. A new favorite.

Your Smiling Face - James Taylor. James Taylor. I need not say more.

You Make it Real - James Morrison. I had never heard this until this morning. It is now my wedding song. Yes, it is that good.

Also, I've realized that pretty much all of my Dashboard Confessional can go die. They are so obnoxious.

2 comments:

  1. hehe, after you told me about it, they playlists which genius generated are all I've been listening to! And Mr. Big Stuff was my theme song junior year...it's all I listened to :) and Keane, oh Keane, how I love you. I think it's really funny what you said about Dashboard Confessional, because I literally deleted everything I had of them two seconds before I checked your post. Our friendship was meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I apparently need to try this feature. Also, I too agree about Dashboard. SO emo! And all of their songs sound the same! I heart your face, the end!

    ReplyDelete