That's me. I feel like I'm going to snap one of these days and go screaming naked down the street or something. Let's hope for "or something," shall we?
I have never been a very self-motivated person, so all of the things that I said I was going to do to keep myself busy... haven't happened yet. I need to buy running shoes so that I can start running in the mornings, but first I need funds for the Jade Wants to Avoid Obesity Foundation (JWAOF). I need to finish unpacking. Don't wanna. I need to help my mom clean up the house (I think Weinheimer is German for "incapable of putting anything in a laundry hamper" or possibly "small natural disaster"), but I always lose interest after I finish de-mucking the kitchen. I should probably start on my mission papers. Haven't yet.
Sigh. I guess I'll get around to it eventually.
Despite my usual routineless, pajama-clad, Calvin and Hobbes-filled existance, I have actually done a few things of note recently:
My good buddy Ben Stanley invited me to accompany him to the Brian Regan show last Friday! What great luck, since the tickets were all sold out. It was so funny I nearly cried. I can't do the man justice in this venue. Then we went back to Ben's house and he played the piano while I sang "Lady Madonna" at his mother's request. haha.
Also on Friday, Seth came home! He is such a funny kid - when he's not here, it seems like half the family is gone. He has a very companionable, jovial presence. He walked in wearing hot pink shorts from the DI. Really SHORT shorts. He also brought me a cute hat that he found on sale and a highlighter-yellow-pink-and-green DI jacket for Tanner. Seth makes me laugh. I've missed that.
Saturday morning, Craig Goodwin was baptized! He is the younger brother of my good friend Genna, who joined the church a year ago. Craig is Seth's age. Seth and his friend Sam were the speakers at the baptism, and they did an excellent job. Both were very emotional, which made ME emotional. They both stood in the circle for Craig's confirmation, and Seth said it was the coolest experience of his life. It was a neat day! The church is true! Way to go, Craig!
Yesterday my parents left for my great uncle Lee's funeral in northern Utah, so I've been playing mom for the last 24 hours. It's harder than I thought! You should have seen the ends to which I had to resort in order to get the dang kitchen cleaned. Aaron would NOT stop teasing Ryan, Ryan was being over-sensitive and making it worse, Tanner wouldn't get off the computer. UGH! At least Abby was helpful. Seth was no help - he was at a party. He also failed to mention that he wasn't going to come home until 10:00 this morning - all night Halo party. Boys. It's a good thing I don't worry like my mom does, or we would have summoned the rescue squad around 4 am.
This week I will really start cracking down on the planning stages of my summer camps. I start at Tuacahn on Friday, also. Yippee. I've got to figure out a time to head up to Provo for the weekend before the real madness begins.
Fin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


If you plan on running down the street naked please let me know. I need to witness that, in a non-creepy sort of way. Also, I miss you.
ReplyDeleteoh goodness, bless Craigary. :)
ReplyDeleteI laughed my pants off at the thought of you running naked down the street. HA ha.
ReplyDeleteI lack motivation too. Especially in the whole school area right now.
And, YAY for Craig! That is awesome and makes me super happy! :)
I love you Jadess.