Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Fear

My dreams soar.
I have ambitions to paint the sky, to light the world;
I want to love and be loved and perpetuate love forever.
But finding love:
There is the problem -
and I've never learned to paint.
My dreams float
just beyond my fingertips
and I cannot see the ground beneath my feet.
If I leap...?
It could be wonderful
but I wouldn't know...

My dreams fade
and I lie here safely
tucked away from my fears.
Years pass in bland security

...or they would.

I teeter on the edge.
"Do I dare
disturb the universe?"
My spirit urges me forward
but my heart won't stop dancing
and it hurts a little.

If I stay?
I'll never know.

And so I close my eyes and prepare to greet my dreams
with a pallet of love,
paintbrush in hand.

4 comments:

  1. oh dang. I had the lines indented differently. oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh geez, my roommate has turned into a poet. And I like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, Jadess has always been a poet. She's apparently been hiding her talents from you. Silly Jadess. You can do it all you know...you just have to try. :)

    ReplyDelete