This weekend was the happiest I've had all summer. Heather, Robert, and Michael drove down from Provo to visit, and I enjoyed every second with them. I miss laughing so much. I miss having a friend to confide in and things to do and a reason to look forward to waking up. Time flew by, they drove away, and the immediate sorrow and loneliness I felt when they left took me by surprise. I expected to miss them, but I didn't expect to feel so utterly alone and miserable. I tried to fill the emptiness with kittens, which kind of worked... for a while. I guess I didn't realize just how much those friends mean to me. How much I love them.
Another good friend of mine chose not to come this weekend because he "couldn't say goodbye again." His reasoning didn't make sense to me until today; now I understand not wanting to endure this kind of heartache. Who would want it? But if avoiding the pain of separation means giving up the moments of friendship that precede it, then I'll take the pain any day.
To Heather, Robert, and Mike, thanks for saving me. You brought a ray of happiness to my lonely summer, and I desperately needed it. Hopefully we can have an encore soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


JADE! Thank you so much for letting us come and crash your house! We all had a blast, and are all so glad that we made the effort to come! You are such an awesome friend. Don't be sad, we'll all see lots of each other, even though we're apart. Stay strong and know that you have friends who love you dearly!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad to hear you had a good weekend together! It makes me happy. I'm glad they were able to break up the loneliness feeling for you temporarily, because I know what it's like to be far away from everyone; so far away that the loneliness can't be broken up. Keep your chin up! Love you :)
ReplyDelete