Sunday, July 5, 2009

I need to start carrying tissues.

Hey! Happy Fourth of July a day late! I went with my siblings to Gunlock reservoir, where we played canoe baseball (wherein the batter has to stand up in the canoe, using the oar as a bat. Once the hit is made, he has to run to the front of the boat without tipping it - first base. The back is second, back to the front is third, and back again is fourth. You try to score before the swimmers can return and tag you with the ball) and I tried to teach Abby to swim properly. Also, I got a lovely sunburn on my back and shoulders! Curse you, malfunctional sunscreen. When we got back and cleaned up, it was time to start making dinner. Fresh fruit, salmon, and Grandma's potato salad. Wow. Last of all, we went to see Footloose at Tuacahn and watch the fireworks after! Before the show, the MC asked all those who had ever served in the Armed Forces to stand, and I immediately started to cry. Good grief. All in all, it was a nice day.

I had a bawl-fest again today in Relief Society - the lesson was on service, and we watched a church video about humanitarian aid. I could NOT stop crying, seeing all the faces of people around the world who need so much, and hearing about the generousity of so many. As I watched I was thinking, "This is why I'm going on a mission. Love is the reason." I haven't cried so hard in quite some time - I almost had to leave the room and blubber! How embarrassing!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Jadess,
    I love your incredible ability to love. It is beautiful. You will be a great missionary because of it.

    Canoe Baseball created a terribly funny image in my mind. It sounds like fun though.

    ReplyDelete