I haven't blogged in a while - don't ask me why. Hey, that reminds me of a Billy Joel song.
"You may be right, I may be crazy. But it just might be a lunatic you're looking for!"
Anyway, life is insane. I've said goodbye to pretty much everyone. Bizarre, and heartbreaking. I'm going to the MTC in less than a week. (!) I haven't been particularly excited about leaving, but my anticipation is finally beginning to mount. Rather than thinking about all the things I'm leaving, it's finally beginning to sink in that I'm moving to Taiwan. TAIWAN. I'm going to learn Chinese, people. That is out of control awesome.
It's funny how with time our own perception of ourselves changes. Clears. For most of my life, I've considered myself an optimistic person. I love life, I love people, I love learning, I love challenges. But the challenges I've faced lately have been the kind that ate up all the things that made it easy for me to be optimistic, and that has given me a new way of looking at things. I always thought that any situation could be made better with a good attitude. I still think that, but I have a new appreciation for how hard that can be. I understand now how it feels to see no lights at the end of the tunnel, to lose something important to you, and to have your prayers answered "not yet." It wasn't fun, but it was a step toward the person I need to become. I made it through, and I dare say I did it with a smile most of the time.
And so begins the next saga in the life of Jade. This is a path I never imagined for myself, but I'm excited to explore it and discover what's waiting at the end of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Jade I love you, I'm so excited for your new adventure! You are always going to be one of my heroes, because of your view of the bigger picture. never lose that! <3
ReplyDeleteYou are my hero Jadess. Your optimism has always been such a great example to me. Thank you! I am happy for you and I am so excited for your adventure in Taiwan! I better be getting your address before you leave! :)
ReplyDeleteMan, you are going to rock in Taiwan. The chinese speaking Jadedragon! I had so much I wanted to say to you, but with everyone watching it was hard, so I have a letter for you :) I'll probably either send it with Heidi or to the MTC
ReplyDeleteyou are so beautiful! man alive i love your posts! jadess, you will be an amazing, moving, changing missionary! you will touch and bless and breathe new life into so many souls! you are a powerhouse! and i have no doubt you'll do great! don't worry, i plan on writing you. i know you were worried.
ReplyDeletei love you jadess.
Oh my dear Jadess, I understand how that feels. I can't even tell you how EXCITED I am that we'll be going through these things together! We must exchange many letters. Okay? Okay. I love you to the moon and back!
ReplyDelete